Starting today, several changes concerning Aston Martin Lagonda Ltd. (15095) become effective:
- Suppliers to Aston Martin Lagonda Ltd. need to use their 5 digit supplier code as per the part purchase order. The 4 digit parent code is no longer valid.
- Aston Martin Lagonda Ltd. will no longer automatically accept received MDSs.They will be authorised at AML following standard checks.
- The Aston Martin Lagonda Ltd. Production Materials Management & Reporting Standard becomes effective, which you can find in the FAQ (category "OEM Specific Info").
Any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
IMDS Release 7.1 is online. Please get informed about enhancements in the release notes 7.1.
On 16th February 2010 an updated version of the IMDS Recommendation IMDS001 will enter into force. You find it in the IMDS application under the menu Recommendations. This document is only for your information - the current Recommendation IMDS001 will remain valid up to the above mentioned date.
Additionally, there will be an Appendix I for the new IMDS001 (with examples for certain cases, a description of the VDA categories and a list of the norms, for which the IMDS Steering Committee MDSs were created). This Appendix I does not contain additional regulations and will be published later in 2009.
IMDS Release 7.1 is planned for production starting November 19th, 2009. Please get informed about enhancements in the preliminary release notes 7.1.
We are glad to announce that Honda has joined the IMDS (company ID 84646).
The sixth Annual IMDS/REACH Summit will take place on 21st October 2009 in Livonia/Michigan.
By October 16th, 2009 the e-mail address of the Japanese IMDS Service Center will change as follows: email@example.com
The next meeting of the CLEPA IMDS Suppliers' Group will be in the Hotel Le Meridien in Stuttgart/Germany on November 5th, 2009. Click here for information and registration
Volvo Car Corporation (VCC) has hired an external contractor for the validation of received datasheets. From now on, datasheets sent to VCC will be validated by a team from I-ntrinsic. VCC's IMDS Office is still responsible for VCC's reporting requirements as well as all other IMDS issues.
Contact information of the VCC IMDS Office: Ingrid Råde (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org), Katarina Sundqvist (e-mail: email@example.com)
Contact information of the I-ntrinsic IMDS-Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
The material checks implemented in Release 7.0 have been undergoing review based on cases submitted to the helpdesks. There will be an update on July 30 to these checks. Please see the enclosed documentation for changes to the thresholds and permitted classifications (changes have been highlighted in yellow). There will be additional changes to some of the substance groups ¿ both additions and deletions. In the case that a material consists of one or more sub-materials, the top level material is checked and the percentages calculated accordingly for the total amount.
If you still have warnings after the changes, please do the following:
- Review your substances you have questions concerning
- Review the groups these substances are members of (Perform a basic substance search on the substance and look at the detail)
- If you find that a substance is not in a group it should be or in a group it should not be, please contact the IMDS Service Center with a complete documentation of your case and justification.
By August 10th 2009, the phone number of the Japanese IMDS Service Center will change. The new phone number will be +81 3 5349 7010
Starting July 7th 2009, Ferrari and Maserati will be separated in IMDS. Thus, we advise all suppliers to send MDSs separately to Ferrari  or Maserati , while common MDSs will be sent to both companies.
Welcome Scania in IMDS !
We are glad to announce that Scania CV AB has joined the IMDS.
Scania suppliers are referred to supplier.scania.com for more information.
Welcome Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation in IMDS !
You can find more information on data entry requirements for MFTBC under
FAQ (category "OEM Specific Info" - Information from Daimler AG).
Minor amendments of the IMDS Substance Applications will be carried out on May 7th 2009. The updated IMDS Substance Application sheet can be found under FAQs.
The changes comprise the following:
- Substance Application Sheet Update: "Concentration within acceptable GADSL limits" application for "Hexavalent chromium and its compounds" will be extended to material classifications 1.x-4.x and 7.2.
- Correction of threshold value to 0.1 % in the IMDS database for the application "Concentration within acceptable GADSL limits" for "Hexavalent chromium and its compounds" and Classification 7.3. This leads to no change in the Substance Application Sheet.
- Two new substances are flagged as application-relevant (in the Substance Application Sheet marked with red color font)
IMDS Release 7.0 is planned for production starting June 4th, 2009. Please get informed about enhancements in the preliminary Release notes 7.0.
On February 26th, 2009 a GADSL update will be implemented. For details, see the
GADSL Update Document.
Due to frequent use in IMDS and necessary adjustments in the companies the basic substance Cr3+ will be reactivated (was set to hidden together with other ions in the IMDS basic substance list on 28th Nov 2008). The final deletion will be carried out on 30th June 2009.
Please find here all archived IMDS related News entries: