15th official IMDS newsletter available.
From November 5th 2007 onwards, the Chinese IMDS Service Center will be available for all IMDS questions in Chinese language. Service hours are Monday to Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Further information will be available 5th November 2007 under "Contact".
The company DaimlerChrysler AG was renamed as Daimler AG. The CompanyID 101 remains unchanged.
14th official IMDS newsletter available.
A new CompanyID 71459 for Chrysler LLC. It is not possible to send MDSs to the old CompanyID 8130 anymore.
The 4th Annual AIAG IMDS/ELV Summit will take place on Oct. 10 2007 in US, Michigan.
If you are a supplier within the automotive industry you can not afford to miss this event, where growing producer responsibility for manufacturers of Substances of Concern (SOC) will be in the spotlight.
The event focuses on educating Tier One through Tier N suppliers on current and upcoming environmental regulations, requirements and issues and will provide information to assist you in efficiently tracking and reporting into the International Material Data System (IMDS).
For more information about this event - IMDS/ELV Summit.
The 4th IMDS Questionnaire activities are completed. Thank you for your participation.
IMDS Release 5.0 is online. Please get informed about enhancements in the Release notes 5.0.
For June 14th, 2007 it is planned to update the substance applications and substances regarding the GADSL flags (duty-to-declare/prohibited) and application relevance in IMDS.
The substance application related updates comprise the following items:
- PAHs in lubricating oils default to "Not Applicable" (material classification 9.2)
- Lead Monoxide, Lead Dioxide and Lead Dipicrate will be added to Pyrotechnic initiators applications
- "Bearing shell and bushes" application will be extended to material classifications 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and 4.x
The following Excel file is reflecting these changes to substance applications that are marked in red color in the tabfolder called 'Applications'. This sheet can be found as well under FAQ.
The updates of GADSL substances in IMDS can be found in this Excel file.
13th official IMDS newsletter available.
We are glad to announce that Ssangyong Motor Company has joined the IMDS.
In the FAQ section you will find the Ford Rollout Package 2007.
IMDS Release 5.0 will go live in May 2007. Please get informed about enhancements in the preliminary Release notes 5.0.
For further information on IMDS Release 5.0 you can download the IMDS Release 5.0 user manual (PDF / ZIP).
January 19th, 2007 the following Renault specific changes will be activated:
- It is not possible to send MDSs of type 'semi component' to Renault
- The Renault specific 5% limit for the tolerance entry field has been raised to 10% in case Renault is recipient
- The standard index field of the Renault specific data has been preset with '--F'
- Renault Substance Standard 00-10-050/--F can be retrieved from the Renault specific chapter 4
Please find here all archived IMDS related News entries: